Our Custom Series
Building a custom home is an exciting and thrilling experience for the home owner, as it can make your long-held dreams come true. Our Custom Series focuses on the design and construction process for building unique, superior, custom homes with great style for an exceptional value. These are homes that meet the needs, expectations and wishes of every individual client. Our unique and inclusive process enables you to work alongside our team of skilled, experienced experts during all phases of your project. Let us explain what you can expect from us with an overview of our process.
It is our goal to make the whole process an enjoyable experience for you. With this in mind, we start with an initial consultation to determine your requirements and the wish list for your new home.
Next, we’ll review site selection. If you already have a site, we’ll assess whether it accommodates your design specifications. If you haven’t located a site, we can help find one. Initial requirements for the project are then developed (how many rooms, the function of the spaces, etc.). At this point we will test the fit between the home owner’s needs, wants and budget. After ensuring that the specifications meet your individual desires we will walk you through the details of each phase of building your new home.
At this point we will take the schematic design you selected, with any requested modifications, and revise the design as necessary. We will also update the cost estimate we provided during the Project Requirements phase to reflect any changes we’ve made to the initial design. Our custom home plans are crafted by experienced home plan designers and architects.
At this point we will have settled on a final design and will move on to preparing drawings, notes, and technical specifications necessary for construction. These documents will include such things as a materials list, amenities, and permitting. Our project team will take in to account all of the details and industry best practices necessary to getting you in to your dream home!
During this phase of the process we will perform an extensive budget review. During this review we will take an in-depth look at the budget noting any change orders that have been previously made. This will include an analysis of each line item confirming the values are reasonable. We make every effort to stay within the project scope, on budget, and on time!
Once construction is under way, we move into the fifth phase of the architectural design process – construction administration. During this phase, we will administer the construction process to assure conformance with design intent, visit the site during construction, and address any field conditions as they arise.
We recommend bi-weekly meetings with our field project manager to discuss the progress of your home. Our pledge to you is to deliver on our promise to build a home you can be proud of and enjoy for years to come.
For more information and to schedule an appointment, please contact us.
We will perform our own walk-through to spot-check our own work before bringing you in for a more formal inspection. In regard to custom homes and depending on the type of closing, we may not even be present — this is especially true if you received a construction loan and already own the property. It’s been an exciting journey, but your dream is now a reality for you to enjoy for years to come.
The following is a list of what you can expect from start to finish:
- Professional Services Agreement. Our agreement defines all phases of the design process and cost estimates for your new home. We’ll also begin drawings and draft specifications. During this phase, we’ll work closely with you, reviewing every detail and securing your approval before moving to the next phase. This process ensures that we are able to meet your requirements within budget.
- Finance Options for Renovation or Remodeling. No interest for 12 months up to $55k. Subject to approval, terms and conditions.
- Product Selection Process. This phase focuses on selection of the features for your home. During this phase, you select appliances, plumbing fixtures, cabinetry for kitchen, bath, and family room, countertops, flooring, hardware, windows and doors, roofing material and exterior siding.
- Preferred Vendors. We maintain alliances with the finest vendors in the industry. They will work with you to tailor the details of your new home to your specifications, offering the highest quality products available on the market today.
- Construction Process and Walk-throughs.
- We’ll work with you to maximize your budget dollars, helping you select the right materials and draft an individual customized plan for your home.
- We’ll discuss design options and work with you to define the type of home you want, and we’ll build visual presentations to demonstrate options of important structural and interior design features.
We prepare detailed drawings to illustrate the placement of the following features of your home:
- Floor plans and elevations
- Room size and square footage
- Cabinetry, countertops, trim molding and appliances
- Windows and doors
- Lighting design and layout
- Exterior siding, trim, roofing materials
- Outdoor structures that might include decks, porches, or patios
- Finalize specifications and pricing
- Sign contract